Who we are
The controller of your personal data is Rivero AG, Webergasse 13, 8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland. References in this privacy notice (the Notice) to “Rivero”, “we” or “us” are references to Rivero AG.
Personal data we process
Personal data we process about you includes:
- your name and contact details (for example, name, address, phone number or email address), information about the company you work for, your position or title and your relationship to a person, and other basic information;
- identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our on-boarding process;
- financial information, for example, payment-related information;
- information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing services to clients;
- information provided to us for the purposes of attending meetings, seminars and events;
- information concerning materials and communications we send to you electronically, for example, your use of marketing e-mails;
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we process your personal data
We process your personal data:
- to communicate with you;
- to carry out risk and reputational checks;
- to assess qualifications for an open job listing;
- to provide and improve our services to you and our clients, including personal data of others provided to us or collected by us on behalf of our clients, for example, processing identification and background information as part of our onboarding, finance, administration and marketing processes;
- to administer our relationship with you and with our clients;
- to provide and improve our websites, including monitoring and evaluating its use (see the section below for additional information);
- to promote our services, including by sending publications, alerts, updates, event invitations etc.;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
We use various technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Use of our websites; communication
We automatically collect and store for a limited time log data and device information when you access and use our websites (including rivero.tech, rivero.app, and any sub-domains of these websites). That information includes, among other things, details about how you use our website, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information and similar information. We process that data on the basis that it is required for us to operate, maintain and improve our websites.
We may use your name and e-mail address(es) to send you publications, alerts, updates, event invitations and other information by e-mail, but will ask for consent first unless we have obtained your contact details from you in the context of our services and products and you have not opted out from receiving such marketing communications. If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by sending a notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter & E-Mail Automation
The distribution of the newsletter and performance measurement are made based on the consent of the recipients. Logging of the registration procedure takes place based on our legitimate interests and is intended to verify consent to the receipt of the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter and automated e-mails at any time, i.e., revoke your consent. You will find a link to unsubscribe from the newsletter and automated e-mails at the end of each newsletter or automated e-mail. If users have only subscribed to the newsletter and have unsubscribed, their personal data will be deleted.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as translation and document review;
- IT service providers;
- third parties engaged in the course of the services and products we provide to clients, for example, technology service providers such as data room services;
- our auditors;
- third parties involved in hosting or organising events or seminars;
- third parties providing newsletter and email marketing services.
Our websites use Google Analytics and other Google Cookies, a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics and Google Cookies track and report on the manner in which our websites are used. Google Analytics does this by placing “cookies” on your computer or other devices. Cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the websites, the pages visited and the time spent on the websites. This information is aggregated and not personally identifiable. This integration of Google Analytics generally anonymizes IP addresses by shortening within the EU/EEA. Google is registered under the US-Swiss and the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Google Privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We use HubSpot for marketing activities on our website. HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a branch HubSpot Ireland Limited in 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland. We use this integrated software solution for our own marketing, lead generation and customer service purposes. This includes email marketing which governs the sending of newsletters as well as automated mailings, social media publishing and reporting, contact management such as user segmentation and CRM, landing pages and contact forms.
Information collected by HubSpot and the content of our website is stored on servers of HubSpot's service providers.
Since a transfer of personal data to the USA takes place, further protection mechanisms are required to ensure the level of data protection. To ensure this, we have agreed standard contractual clauses with the provider. These oblige the recipient of the data in the USA to process the data in accordance with the level of protection in Switzerland and Europe.
Hubspot Privacy statement: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Moosend E-Mail Automation
In order to process service, support and other user enquiries and to send release informations and confirmation emails, we use the mailing tool “Moosend” and the associated interface(s), a service of the provider Sitecore USA Inc., 101 California Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA. When registering for our platform and services,, the following data will be processed via Moosend's servers: name, e-mail address, browser information, IP address, data about interactions with e-mails from Moosend Since a transfer of personal data to the U.S. takes place, further appropriate safeguards are required to ensure the level of data protection. To guarantee this, we have concluded standard contractual clauses with the provider. These oblige the recipient of the data in the U.S. to process the data according to the level of protection in Switzerland and Europe.
Moosend Privacy statement: https://www.sitecore.com/trust/privacy-policy
We use the Join.com software (JOIN Solutions AG, Landsgemeindeplatz 6, 9043 Trogen, Schweiz, "Join.com") to process applicant data as part of the online application process. This also includes an application form embedded in our website. If you apply to us by e-mail or via our application form, we process your personal data for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure and pre-contractual measures. The data provided by you or collected from you will also be used by Join.com in anonymised form for statistical purposes.
Join.com processes all categories of personal data that you provide in connection with the application process. In particular, this includes your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number as well as all documents provided by you for this purpose such as cover letters, CVs or certificates as well as photos. Furthermore, your personal data will be processed by Join.com with regard to so-called server log files. This includes data such as the domain name of the website, the web browser and web browser version, the operating system, the IP address as well as the timestamp of the access to the software, whereby the scope of this logging does not exceed that of other common websites. In the event of technical errors, data such as the domain name of the website, the web browser and web browser version, the operating system, the IP address and the timestamp are also processed when the corresponding error message/specification occurs.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time directly with Rivero or via Join.com with effect for the future.
Join.com uses data processors and in case you interact with Join directly (e.g. via a Join.com account) Join.com using cookies and analytics tools. More information are available in the Join.com privacy statement.
Join.com Privacy statement: https://join.com/privacy-policy/
Integration of Third Party Services and Content
Within our website, we use content or service offerings by third parties to integrate their content and services, e.g., videos (hereinafter uniformly referred to as "content"), based on our legitimate interests (i.e., interest in the analysis, optimization, and efficient operation of our website. This always assumes that the third parties providing this content know the IP address of the users as otherwise they could not transmit the content to their browsers. The IP address is hence required for the presentation of that content. We strive to use only such content whose respective providers use the IP address only for the delivery of the content. Third-party providers can also use so-called web beacons (invisible graphics, also known as web bugs) for statistical and marketing purposes. The web beacons allow information, e.g., visitor traffic on the pages of this website, to be evaluated. The pseudonymized information may also be stored in cookies on the device of the user and, among other things, may be associated with technical information about the browser and operating system used, referring websites, visit time and contain information about the use of our website as well as with such information from other sources.
The following provides an overview of third-party providers and their content, along with links to their respective privacy statements, more information on data processing and, in some cases already mentioned here, means of objection (so-called opt-out):
- Videos of the platform "YouTube" by the third-party provider Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4.
Youtube Privacy statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Videos of the platform "Vimeo.com" by the third-party provider Vimeo.com Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, 10011, USA.
Vimeo.com Privacy statement: https://vimeo.com/privacy
- We use the marketing functions (so-called “LinkedIn Insight Tag”) of the LinkedIn network within our website. This service is provided by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When accessing one of our websites including LinkedIn functions, a connection with LinkedIn’s servers will be established. LinkedIn will be informed that you have visited our websites with your IP address. Using the LinkedIn Insight Tag, we can analyze in particular the success of our campaigns within LinkedIn or determine target groups for these based on user interaction with our website. If you are registered with LinkedIn, LinkedIn can associate your interaction with our website with your user account. When you click on the "Recommend" button while being logged in to your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn can associate your access to our website with you and your user account. Since a transfer of personal data to the U.S. takes place, further appropriate safeguards are required to ensure the level of data protection. To guarantee this, we have concluded standard contractual clauses with the provider. These oblige the recipient of the data in the U.S. to process the data according to the level of protection in Switzerland and Europe.
LinkedIn Privacy statement: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Features of the Twitter service/platform (hereinafter referred to as "Twitter") may be integrated within our website. Twitter is a service of Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. The features include the display of our Twitter posts within our website, the link to our profile on Twitter as well as the opportunity to interact with the posts and functions of Twitter, and also measure whether or not users are referred to our website from our advertisements with Twitter (so-called conversion measurement). Since a transfer of personal data to the U.S. takes place, further appropriate safeguards are required to ensure the level of data protection. To guarantee this, we have concluded standard contractual clauses with the provider. These oblige the recipient of the data in the U.S. to process the data according to the level of protection in Switzerland and Europe.
Twitter Privacy statement: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
Countries we transfer your personal data to
We may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as Swiss or European law. We will usually do so on the basis that such a transfer is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the data subject(s), for an agreement or performance of an agreement concluded in the interest of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
How we retain your personal data
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, and as long as we have a legitimate interest in keeping personal data, for example, to enforce or defend claims or for archiving purposes and IT security. We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
You are entitled to ask for details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it and to receive a copy of your personal data. You may also have your data rectified or deleted, restrict our processing of that information, and object to the processing of your personal data. You may also choose to withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law. You may also lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with a local supervisory authority, in Switzerland with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
In case of questions or to ask for details regarding this policy, please contact Rivero via email@example.com or send us a letter to Rivero AG, Webergasse 13, CH - 8200 Schaffhausen.